More often than not, most people equate the start of their branding process with their logo. Many clients do come to us to design a new logo or freshen an older logo for their business. Here are a few we’ve done.
Although they’re all a combination of typography and images, each type of logo gives your brand a different feel. And since your logo is often the first thing new customers will see, you want to make sure you get it right. Logo designs are unique to the owner. So much so that they often are, and should be, trademarked.
Depending on how you slice it, there are about seven (7) different styles of logos, they include:
- Lettermark or Monogram (IBM, NASA, HBO)
- Wordmark (Google, Visa, Coca-Cola)
- Picture Symbol (Apple, Target, Twitter)
- Abstract Symbol (Nike swoosh, Pepsi ball)
- Mascots (Kool-aid man, Michelin Man, Mr. Peanut)
- Combinations (Burger King, Ford)
- Emblem (Starbucks, Harley Davidson)
Logos may, and often, go anywhere. Usually on business cards, stationery and notepads, but also flyers, brochures, product packaging, signs, stickers, magnets, banners, billboards, promotional items such as mugs and water bottles, hats, shirts, scarves, products, even the side of a boat, social media and, of course, your website.
The logo might be printed in color or black and white; it might be silkscreened; it might be embroidered; it might be made out of cut vinyl; it might even become a tattoo (yes, one of our clients asked for it); or it might NOT be printed and used digitally on TV or web.
Each placement location and reproduction method have different formats and specifications required. Which is why the Imagination Factory also provides a variety of digital formats as well as a standards specification sheet for every logo we design. Below are a few examples.
What’s included in a typical Logo Design Project?
Typically, Logo Design budgets start between $750 – $1000 USD. However, once we’ve had the opportunity to discuss your logo needs and/or completed the short design brief questionnaire, we’ll provide a final not-to-exceed budget. We ask for a 50% deposit to get your project underway w/ the balance due upon completion. Our final deliverables include:
- 2-5 Initial Logo Concepts
- up to 3 Refinements / Revisions
- Professional Logo Artwork Files (.AI, .EPS, .PDF, .JPG, .PNG)
- Other Formats Available on Request (.TIF, .BMP, .SVG, .DXF)
- Full Color, Grayscale, Black and White Versions
- Logo Use and Style Guide Standards Sheet
- Copyright Ownership To The Final Logo